Thursday, June 17, 2021
Due to the global pandemic, we have transformed this event into a digital experience.
Family Movie Night is back with family-filled fun!
Suitable for kids of all ages, this digital streaming event will feature spotlights on organizations whose work focuses queer family advocacy, planning, and support, as well as queer families to tell their family-building stories directly.
Hosted by the charming Miss Richfield 1981, the event culminates in a family movie screening for all to enjoy!
- Heritage of Pride members Ice & Sita open the program to tell their family story and welcome our guests to the event.
- Gays With Kids CEO Brian Rosenberg joins us to discuss the organization's mission and programs.
- Queer parents (and event campaign models) Ricardo Cooper and Vernon Leftwich in conversation with The Dad Diaries' Joseph Tito.
- Family Equality CEO Stacey Stevenson and Director of Special Events Kim Simes will be present to tell their stories of adoption and advocacy.
- LGBTQ+ Youth Xchange for Change's Director Shéár Avory and Xchangemaker Terry Scraggins discuss queer identity in foster care through the lens of their own experience.
- Friends of the If these Ovaries Could Talk podcast hosts Jamie Kelton and Robin Hopkins join friends of the pod Angela + Jess will be in attendance to talk about IUI, IVF, sperm donors and the lesbian experience in family building.
- Gays With Kids: The world’s only destination and social network dedicated exclusively to serving the interests and needs of every queer dad, dad-to-be and our families. You can find everything you’d ever need to make fatherhood as a gay, bi or trans man possible. Together, we will conquer any challenges that come our way with confidence and pride. Gays With Kids CEO Brian Rosenberg joins us to discuss the organization's mission and programs!
- Family Equality: Family Equality is a national American nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance legal and lived equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families, and for those who wish to form them, through building community, changing hearts and minds, and driving policy change. Family Equality CEO Stacey Stevenson and Director of Special Events Kim Simes will be present to tell their stories of adoption and advocacy.
- LGBTQ+ Youth Xchange for Change: Uniting youth leaders with corporate and business allies to expand the culture of corporate philanthropy to one that equitably sustains grassroots movements for social change and empowers the leadership of young people. Bridging the divide between youth and leaders in all sectors of business, we’re collectively re-imagining innovative solutions to address societal disparities impacting LGBTQ+ youth across the country with a particular focus on underserved communities.
- If these Ovaries Could Talk Podcast: If These Ovaries Could Talk is a podcast where two lesbians chat about making babies and non-traditional families and gay parenting. Friends of the pod Angela + Jess will be in attendance to talk about IUI, IVF, sperm donors and the lesbian experience in family building.
We're thrilled to announce the film for this year's Family Movie Night: TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
All proceeds benefit Heritage of Pride / NYC Pride and other LGBTQIA+ organizations.